• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating new project...won't let me

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one project now and it works. I go to add a new project and not use default workspace and I get "The project already exists in c:\xxxxxx folder" and won't let me go further. All my sites are in C:\Users\user\Documents\websites in subfolders. they all use host names to browse http://site1 http://site2. WHich leads me to another question...I can't use the internal browser because i use the hosts. when i set up the server i have it point to localhost cause thats where the cfide is. when i browse it tries to go to localhost/sitesubdir. if i add a server for each host, then all the RDS stuff won't work cause cfide is not in those sites. should I just add cfide as a virtual dir in iis to each site?

Derek

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating project for each site and adding server with different host name and make site as docroot for the server and binding this server with corresponding project, Should solve the issue your facing.

For creating virtual host of CFIDE in each site will make RDS to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleive I finally got it all worked out. thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create an Alias for /CFIDE in your web server and it will be available to all virtual hosts, then the RDS will work for every site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having trouble creating new projects. I've been using cfeclipse and am trying to migrate to cfbuilder, so I had projects in the same directories.

Deleting the projects from cfeclipse doesn't help. Nor does using a different name. Anyone have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem, and it was because of the pre-existance of the .project file. Once I renamed my old .project file (to something like "old.project") which my old Eclipse/CFEclipse used to use, I was able to create my project... is that maybe you're problem too??

Hope that helps,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it, Chris. Thanks! I had to remember that I needed to show the hidden files on the mac to be able to see the .project files so I could delete them. Then I could recreate the projects needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sweet, deva... glad i could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an additional information. If you wish to work with an already existing project(folder which has a .project existing in it) then you can import it as well.

-Bhakti

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation