• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support other cfm engines

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I to assume that the rds connections won't support Railo or openBD.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they support RDS, why not?  I can't recall actually, I've setup both Railo and OpenBD but I wasn't testing for RDS, just code compatibility.  I don't think it would preclude you from using CF Builder as an IDE either way.  I'm using it without RDS myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only server option in cfbuilder is jrun which is the first thing stopping this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are changing that. We have added 'Other' server type along with JRun. The idea was to allow adding CF on servers other than JRun, like JBoss etc. One limitation of 'Other' server type is that you will not be able to start/stop the server from CF Builder. However this server can be used for debugging, code assist (code getting CFCs), preview etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me the big thing would be able to tap into datasources to get table info & some of the cfc generation.

I don't really mind if you can't start or stop the cf server, in my case Railo since you really don't need to. However there might be a use to add start/stop inputs where you could put in commandline commands so that way you could restart the app server. But if you do that then you might need 2 sets, for example mine runs though apache and tomcat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation