• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious bug by detecting microphone in Captivate?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2006 Apr 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other programs (Windows recording, SoundForge, Freecorder) can detect and calibrate my microphone except Captivate. My microphone is connected in mic plug. I have Asus MotherBoard A8N-VM CSM and SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio and Windows XP. What is wrong with Captivate?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your setup have a mic input in the front and the back? I am having a problem with Captivate switching the mic selection from the front to the rear even though I have it plugged in the front. Other programs work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience this problem on Windows XP. Captivate does not detect the microphone whether plugged into the front or rear. Other programs work fine, like Sound Forge Studio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2006 May 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I don't know what the true fix is but we got it working by adding a sound card to the system and using it instead of on board sound. Worked great with new sound card in the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources