• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

See also references not working in the index

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK..'nother weird one (I've encountered more weirdness in this project than in all others combined, I think!).

Index terms cross referenced to themselves aren't showing up in the compiled index.

If a term is cross referenced to another term, it shows up. If it's cross referenced to itself, it doesn't.

For example, The keyword(s) Automated Claims Transaction is crossed referenced to the acronym ACT, works just fine.

The keyword Reserving, cross referenced to itself because it has sub keywords under it, doesn't show up.

Reserving
     this one
     that one
     other one

Reserving doesn't appear, much less the sub keywords under it.

We're using RH 7.00.145, if that  helps.

Any clues as to what gives?

Thanks!

Jo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Hi Jo

The sub keywords should work without the Primary keyword being linked to anything.

I know it looks odd and I think in earlier versions years ago it may not have worked that way.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jo

The sub keywords should work without the Primary keyword being linked to anything.

I know it looks odd and I think in earlier versions years ago it may not have worked that way.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hot Damn! I didn't know it worked like that now! Used to, if that primary keyword wasn't linked to something, it didn't show up (of course, those were the days when you had to hack it in Notepad, too...).

It was SO cool, unlinking the main keyword, compiling, and seeing it in the index. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Rick, once again you have saved my sanity!

Jo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp