3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 17, 2009 8:45 AM by jbowden RSS

Encore 2.0 does not detect my DVD

Newuser_help Community Member

I have Adobe Creative Suite Production Studio Preium. It is about two years old. I teach a high school class. When ever I have tried to burn a DVD in Primier Pro or Encore it has come back and said it can not detect my DVD. The technolgoy person has tried over the past year to fix. Finally her told me to just buy an external DVD burner because he couldn't figure it out. I purchased a Plextor and hooked it up and I get the same problem.

I know it is not my DVD's because I can burn stuff in Nero. But I want to be able to burn out of Adobe.

While the students are out of school, I thought I might be able to find a solution.

• 1. Re: Encore 2.0 does not detect my DVD
          jbowden Adobe Employee

If you have Encore 2.0, that's almost 4 years old - but the vintage of the software is not important.

Instead, look in the FAQ on this forum for software to avoid/remove - many codecs and other DVD burning apps can "break" Encore's burning functionality.

If you need a quick fix, try building a DVD image from Encore, and then burn it from Nero.

• 2. Re: Encore 2.0 does not detect my DVD
            Newuser_help Community Member

Well that brings me to another question. I have burned my project to a file on my computer using Encore. Then I use nero to burn to a DVD, but what I get is a file folder with the DVD movie file within it. Of course when I double click on that file it will play. So my question is , "How do you burn the files so that when you put it in a DVD player it starts automatically?"

• 3. Re: Encore 2.0 does not detect my DVD
              jbowden Adobe Employee

You built a DVD image from Encore? Are you using Nero to burn it? If so, there's a specific command in Nero that I can't remember right now - search Nero's help for "image".