• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Complete Remote Server Setup?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just downloaded and installed CF Builder, did the standard install (no eclipse plugin) and went to add a project.  During the project setup, I specified I have a remote server as our team develops on a remote server with DW via RDS.  Eventually, while adding a server you are given a screen titled, "Install Extensions".  Unfortunately, regardless of whether or not you check the box to install extensions, or uncheck the box, the FINISH or NEXT buttons never highlight so you are just stuck.

This a bug or am I doing something wrong?  I get no other error messages (like if the install location doesn't match the web root).  Thanks for any help, love to check this out but sorta need to add a project for that.

...Brad

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a bug. Can you post screen shots of earlier pages of the wizard? My guess is that it is because of information entered in the earlier pages that finish button is not enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attached screen shots for each step up until I get stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple more since there is a three attachment limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last bit of information is that the server in the example is MX7 although I have tried it on a CF8 server as well, both remote development servers which we connect to with DW CS4 using RDS.  My workaround so far is to just use FTP which at least allows code to be edited, however, you miss out on all the trick code generation tools and being able to browse data sources.  Thanks.

...Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

user name and password in image server_setup3.jpg are required. I think default should be admin/admin. This is a bug, wizards should have clearly displayed error message. We will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, now with DW we can leave the user blank and the docs say that username is actually not applicable to MX7.  I did try it with a username and had the same results.  I tried once using admin for the user and another time using the rds password as the username and they behaved the same way.  I haven't tried setting up with a CF9 Beta server.  Have you tried setting up a remote server successfully and if so, what version was it?  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation