• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index word exists but I don't see it

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I'm using RH7. My index entries are saved in the topics. Viewing the Index tab, I don't see all my keywords and subkeywords, e.g., Care plans\creating. But when I view Topic Properties, Index, I see my index entry, e.g., Care plans\creating. When I generate the WebHelp, in some cases I do see all the subkeywords that I'm not seeing in the project (I've attached screen shots showing what I'm seeing in the project vs. the output for my care plans example). For other keywords, the output is all over the place--I don't see them at all; I see them but with only a few subkeywords; or I see them with all the subkeywords.

Because I couldn't see a word, I tried to add it but got the error that the keyword already existed. So I added the word with an extra character (e.g., Creating1) then tried to change the name to Creating. When it asked if I wanted to merge Creating1 with Creating, I said yes, hoping maybe that would force the word to show up, but no luck. I still cannot see it.

Any ideas as to what is up and how can I fix this so that I can add more subkeywords to keywords?

Thanks for your help!

careplansindex.jpgcareplanoutput.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you associated a topic with the keyword? If not then it will not display when built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In the HTML view for each topic, I can see the keywords listed there.

If I delete them, save, and paste them back into the HTML view, they appear

in the index. That was proving way too tedious so I just deleted the index

and rebuilt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so is it now displaying correctly now you have rebuilt it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haven't tried it yet. I got pulled off onto another crisis. I'm going to try

today and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp