Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Unused Index Keywords not working in RH8

May 06, 2009 May 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to remove some unused keywords that remain after deleting topics.

The normal way is to select the Keywords tab/pod and then menu > Tools > Remove Unused Index Keywords. But this option is "grayed out" and not available:

remove_keywords.png

Any suggestions as to what I've done wrong? (This always worked in previous versions OK).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH7 it was enabled but did not work if the index was open at the time. Close the index and run it, then it worked. Not sure if and how you could restrict it to one index.

In RH8 it does appear to be completely broken.

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish to report it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience in RH7, it was only enabled if the Index tab was open and I clicked in it first. Then the menu item was enabled. If the cursor focus was anywhere esle, the item did not appear on the menu...

I've sent this off to Adobe as a possible bug.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Remove Unused Index Keywords function does not work in RH8. When I have the index open, it is highlighted and I can select it but nothing happens. I can scroll through and find unused index keywords or run a report to find them. I hope they fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cindy

Have you reported it as well?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp