• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the recording Audio function turned of in Captivate demo version?

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My name is Steve. I am currently developing E-Learning Curriculum. To begin with I am looking to capture the lecture through Adobe Captivate. I need to capture a video recording of everything that is taking place on the screen, as well as capture the lecturer talking whilst going through the powerpoint slide for example.

Before purchasing Adobe Captivate I have downloaded the trial version. I can capture the screen video but can not capture the audio. I have been running it in Adminstrator mode too which I thought would overcome the problem. I am only using the microphone built into my laptop.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may not be working?

Thanks

Steve

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

From what you have posted, I'm going to say Captivate isn't what you want. It sounds like you are wanting to capture a very long presentation using full motion capture. Captivate has made progress in this area, but I'd be surprised if you found it to be acceptable for doing this. Don't get me wrong, Captivate is an awesome tool for what it does. But full motion isn't it!

You might consider TechSmith Camtasia Studio if that's what you are trying to do. If you do this, don't be surprised to discover that even Camtasia Studio isn't able to capture the audio. It's because of a limitation of some sound cards. That's why something called FreeCorder Toolbar was invented.

Click here to visit the FreeCorder site

You would then use FreeCorder to capture the audio while the other application captures the video. Then you would import the resulting audio into the other application and synch it up.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very good info to have.  But what is the answer to the original question, is audio recording disabled in the trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you are using the in-built mic for recording then you have to make sure that the volume of the input device is correctl set. Follow these steps:

1. Right click on the speaker icon in the system tray. Select "Audio Properties".

2. In the Sound and Audio Device properties window goto the "Voice" tab.

3. In the voice Recording section click the "Volume" button.

4. Make sure that the volume for Internal mic is set to its maximum value.

Now try recording using captivate and see whether narration recording works for you.

Manish

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources