• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robhelp HTML default opening topic

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open my compiled .chm file. For whatever reason Robohelp is not displaying the first topic in my Table of Contents as the default topic in the compiled .chm; instead it shows a topic called ./default.htm which does not exist. Any idea why this is happening. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Just because a topic is listed first in the TOC doesn't mean it is configured as the default.

Have you checked your Single Source Layout properties? That's where you configure the default.

Additionally, please note that .CHM files will refuse to show content if you access them from a LAN drive.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. However, I did select the topic I wanted to display from the Default Topic list (the topic name was Welcome) prior to compiling. Once compiled, I brought the .chm file off the LAN and down to my desktop, but it still will not display the contents. I right-clicked on the .chm file to check to see if the URL address pathed to the Welcome.htm, but it doesn't, instead it shows /default.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian

Are you open to a session where we may converse in real time where I call you on the phone and I can see your desktop? If so, I'll be happy to work with you to see if we can figure out what may be at play here.

If that sounds remotely interesting, please shoot a private message to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com and I'll send you back a link for us to connect with. Don't forget to include your phone number so I may call.

And if you aren't comfortable with that, no problem. I've just got some free time today and thought I'd offer.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working on a network drive and/or compiling to a network drive? (You said you got the chm off the LAN, which makes me think you are at least compiling to a network drive.)

Working on a network drive can cause "interesting" effects. The forums are littered with comments about it. It's possible compiling could cause difficulties too.

If you are working on a network drive, try moving your project to your local hard drive, and changing the compile location there as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp