• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Semi-transparent tooltip in Captivate 4

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate seems to have captured the tooltip for the button the user needs to click, which is fine.  But it's semi-transparent, which is not fine.

If I'm going to have it, I want it to appear with no transition and no transparency, as it does in the real application.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, as always!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to exercise a bit of care when recording. Either wait until you are certain no tooltip is present before clicking the button or if you want the tooltip and you want to just add it to the project, display the tooltip and use a screen capture application to grab it. Then insert it in your Captivate project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick, but it's not that I accidentally captured the tooltip.

When the user moves the mouse over the tooltip, the button becomes selected, and a semi-transparent tooltip appears.

It's apparently the feature that automatically converts tooltips to rollovers, but I didn't have that enabled when I captured it.

I may have to create a new slide and add everything again.  I'm trying to avoid that.

Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you look at the slide in Edit mode, is there a Rollover Image or Rollover Caption? Or possibly a Hint Caption associated with a Button or a Click Box.

If you are seeing something when mousing over, there has to be one of these items. You should be able to delete the mouseover effect or alter it if you like.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, there's nothing like that there.  It's not a hint caption either - it's an actual tooltip, but faded.

The only thing I can think of is something that happened once before to me.  A slide would switch without warning to the background of the slide captured immediately afterwards, which I had since deleted, along with its background.  But the background somehow stayed and corrupted the slide.  The only solution was to insert another slide, copy the background image to it along with all the elements.

In this case, though, as far as I can tell, I never captured the tooltip at all.  Very puzzling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources