• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CFEclipse snippets in CF Builder

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You defined a bunch of snippets in CFEclipse and you'd like to use them CF Builder?

It's no problem, since both editors use the default snippet functionalities.

There are 3 ways how to get it working:

1. You re-create all your snippets in CF Builder manually (I bet you don't like this way 😉 )
  2. Copy the snippet folder from your CFEclipse workspace into the CF Builder workspace:
    Location in the CFEclipse workspace:
    {Workspace root}/.metadata/.plugins/org.cfeclipse.cfml/snippets/
    Location in the CF Builder workspace:
    {Workspace root}/.metadata/snippets/
    Copy the file "keyCombos.properties" as well to use the same trigger text.
  3. Define the snippet folder from your CFEclipse workspace as the CF Builder snippet directory: Window > Preferences > ColdFusion > Snippets
    The advantage of doing it this way is that if you change/add snippets in one editor, it is available in both editors instantly and without any manual action.

Rrestart CF Builder and you are done (the snippets can be used without restarting CF Builder, but to use the trigger text a restart is required).

Best Regards, Cyrill

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cyril. Good to know that they can be shared! This is a potentially significant timesaver in trying to get an installation of CFB set up to use in evaluating it for comparison with our current tools...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old post, but thanks for the information. I just downloaded the cfbuilder beta 2 and it's great to have all my snippets in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation