Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print TOC is wrong

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 15 books and I generate a print version individually for each book. They all print correctly except one. It will not print the first book name in the printed version of the TOC when I generate a single output. But when I generate individual documents it will and yet all of the others print correctly as generated single output.. So I cannot duplicate the problem.

I have recreated the actual RH TOC, I have renamed the folders, I have added a folder in SSL print layout, created a new print SSL from scratch and it still doesn't work!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The saga continues with more testing. This is quite strange, remember all the other print outs work. The only thing I hadn't tested was the section layout. I removed the copyright page and inserted a differant page, and then the TOC showed the book name correctly!. So then I started working with the copyright page and after much testing I found that if ANY graphic was at the top of the copyright page it wouldn't work, so I am just removing the logo for that printout.

Note: The old copyright page with the logo works for all other printouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I wonder if Word is behind this? One of the things that has always puzzled me about Word is how a page or section break fits into the following paragraph. I keep forgetting this, deleting the paragraph marker before the break, and losing the paragraph style for the paragraph after the break. This sounds suspiciously similar.

What's the style of the paragraph (with the graphic in it) at the top of the copyright page?
What's in Page Setup? Does the copyright page match the title page? Do they match the chapter layout?
Did you take a look at the Word output with everything visible? (in Tools > Options > View)

And finally, is there any way to sneak a little tiny paragraph above the graphic paragraph? Maybe that workaround will mitigate the Word wide weirdness.

It's an interesting problem...
Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp