Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So slow...

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been using CF Builder on two different computers since it's public release a couple of days ago and I'm finding the editor very slow. Just typing text in seems to have a delay on it, it then take a while to applying color coding and the code hinting is almost unusable.

I've been looking forward to CF Builder for a while now and at the moment I'm very disappointed... Anyone else having a similar experience?

Kind regards,

Andrew.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You aren't alone. There are several other threads here voicing similar thoughts...

There are certainly some impressive capabilities, even given its beta status, but there are also some areas that feel more like pre-alpha than beta and there are some underlying decisions about platform and OS support that position the product (at least at this beta stage) as something not all that useful and therefore something we likely won't be purchasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check Adam's blog post at http://www.adrocknaphobia.com/post.cfm/update-your-coldfusion-builder-beta-settings-for-flash-builder-4-beta

Some users have reported better CFB performance after changing settings as per the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my ini file to match the settings listed in the blog post you referenced.  However, I'm still seeing the issues mentioned above related to the syntax highlighting and code hinting.  I know that the cfEclipse regex for syntax highlighting took quite some time to perfect and I remember a beta version of CFEclipse that had very similar performance issues to those we are experiencing now in Bolt.  The specific performance issues we're looking at don't seem to be related to java/startup settings but rather are issues with the app itself. Unusuable seems a bit harsh, but I do admit that I can only beta test a couple of hours at a time before switching back to CFEclipse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christine,

Are you by any chance using CFBuilder and CFEclipse as plugins to the same setup? We have not tested the co-existence and it is not supported officially. Also, it would be of great help if you post some specific code samples/files wherein you do not see colorization and code hinting working properly. You may directly mail the sample file/code to me at dsarkar@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two separate eclipse installations, one running CFEclipse and Flex 3 the other running ColdFusion Builder and Flex 4.  I updated the INI file for the ColdFusion Builder/Flex 4 version of the app.  I will be sending you more information on the color coding issues I've found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

I am surprised and concerned to know that you are finding the editor very slow while editing. We have done considerable work in improving the editor performance for very large files. But editing should be pretty fast for small or average sized files. Are you saying you are facing this for any file that you edit? Could you please log a bug with some more details like how big your file is, your workspace, what configuration you are using etc. Also, you may copy the file content in bug repro section and point out if you find any particular operation slow, for example, colorization, content assist etc.

Thanks,

Dipanwita

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid even after installing latest beta of CF Builder, i'm still getting very very slow performance in comparison to say dreamweaver CS3 editing of Coldfusion code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation