Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing breadcrumbs- how?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am very new to WebHelp and am experiencing a strange problem- the name of my topic is showing up as the old name of the topic. I have changed the topic name in the topic (and changed it in the Table of Contents, and changed the file name), but it is still showing up as the old name in the Breadcrumbs. Does anyone know how to change this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Hi there

Sorry, but what you listed in the supplied screen capture had the Windows Title Bar circled as one of the elements. So it was natural to assume that was something you were comparing to.

Typically the breadcrumbs follow the naming of the element in the TOC. So if you have a topic named Boffo in both Topic Title and Topic File Name but list it in the TOC as "Buffy", the Breadcrumbs will list Buffy not Boffo.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why my screenshot didn't show up in the last message...... I will try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try generating the output to a new folder.

Use the camera icon so the image appears in the post.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What your screen shot depicts is the Project Name. The Project Name is a separate animal from any topic name.

Consider your WebHelp output to be similar to a book. Your overall book as a name. That's your Project Name.

Inside the book are many chapters. Those may correspond to your different topics.

You probably need to click File > Project Settings and change the name of your project to be what you want it to be.

One further note here. WebHelp is presented using a Frameset. The title bar of WebHelp doesn't reflect the topic you are in. It lists the Frameset title. And that's what you set in the area I pointed you to.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried this and it didn't work. I am trying to change the topic name "coral8". The title bar is fine and doesn't need changing. It is the topic name listed in the breadcrumbs at the top of the page which I need to change.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried generating the output to a different location and that does not work either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have actually changed the topic file name to what you require but its the breadcrumbs that are still reflecting the old file name.

Try turning off breadcrumbs, saving project then re-applying them. See if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Sorry, but what you listed in the supplied screen capture had the Windows Title Bar circled as one of the elements. So it was natural to assume that was something you were comparing to.

Typically the breadcrumbs follow the naming of the element in the TOC. So if you have a topic named Boffo in both Topic Title and Topic File Name but list it in the TOC as "Buffy", the Breadcrumbs will list Buffy not Boffo.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp