• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problems with pictures (Vista 64 Bit)

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I´ve a problem with publishing my CBT from captivate 4 to an executable file (.exe). The CBT contains slides with time-delayed text captions and images.

In the preview mode eveything looks perfect and works well, but when using the "publish" button and exporting it as ".exe" or ".swf" the resulting file always shows the same problem: the included images in the CBT do not appear as the are supposed to do, that means, that no image is faded in (also the static images are working perfect and also the audio track is okay. Has anyone an idea how to fix that problem?

Thanks for your help!

System information:

Adobe Captivate 4 (trial version)

Windows Vista (64 Bit)

latest Flash Player (10)

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you double checked to ensure you don't have a Button, Click Box or Text Entry Box object on the slides where you see the issue?

Each of those object types will cause the project to pause playback. If you have an Image that is timed to appear at perhaps three seconds and an object is pausing the slide at two seconds, the Image doesn't have a chance to display.

Can you insert a screen capture of one of the slides in question so that we may see the Timeline? If you choose to do that, please insert using the Camera icon and do not use the attach function.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help. Your were right. The problem was the checkbox "pause after". I don´t know why it is a default setting in captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Buttons, Click Boxes and Text Entry Boxes pause by their very nature. This is because you typically assign an action that occurs after the user interacts with them. Seldom do you want to provide an ability to interact and not have the slide stop and wait for them to choose.

That's likely why Pause After is the default setting.

Frankly, I'd be surprised to find it any other way.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would start by checking to see if you can download the Captivate 4 patch and see if that makes any difference. Not sure if that is possible using the trial, but worth a try.

http://www.adobe.com/support/captivate/downloads.html

If that doesn't resolve the issue then please report this problem to the Adobe Captivate team by clicking on the link I have include below.

<a href="http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=5"><strong>Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form</strong></a>

HTH

Best - Mark

<a href="http://macrofireball.blogspot.com/"><strong>Visit the macrofireball blog</strong></a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources