• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

1-step RoboPDF

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure could use some help activating my old copy of 1-step RoboPDF. When trying to reinstall it I am unable to activate. I have spent probably a dozen hours or more speaking to customer service people in India and e-mailing them via the online support until finally today I received my final answer and notification that my file had been closed.  They told me that since RoboPDF has reached end-of-life (EOL )they are unable to activate it and I should upgrade my $50 product by purchasing an upgrade version of Adobe 9 which costs several times more. Quoting from their e-mail, "I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. With regard to your concern, the reason why you cannot activate/deactivate your product at this time is because the eHelp Activation Server for RoboPDF products is down. Since the RoboPDF product is in EOL (end of life) stage, there is no workaround for this product. However, we may provide you with an upgrade to Acrobat Pro 9.0 at the upgrade price."

Their website openly claims that these activation codes are only used for security purposes to keep people from stealing their software and would never be used to get people to buy upgrades which obviously is an outright lie. What they're doing is probably illegal but I don't think I'm going to take them to court for $50, unless of course there are thousands of others like me and a hungry attorney who would like to file a class-action lawsuit for several million.

Enough rambling, I didn't really write to complain.  I just like software, paid for it, and would like to get it working and thought maybe someone could help me to hack the activation code so I can actually use the darn software. I've attached their 'go pound sand" letter to my post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think you could download 1 Step as a standalone. I thought it was bundled with X5 which cannot be activated but there is a legitimate workaround for that. So first question is what version of RoboHelp are you using? Is it X5? Is that working OK?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.. I actually ordered RoboPDF several years ago from ehelp or macromedia long before Adobe ended up owning it. It is version 3.1. I do have another program called RoboHelp but have never really used it and only got it a few months ago. It works OK as far as I know. RoboPDF I have had at least 5 or 6 years and purchased it as a download stand alone program.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a copy of RoboHelp, it will almost certainly have a PDF writer with it. If you only got it a few months ago, it will likely be RoboHelp 8 and that installs a lite version of Acrobat. You will be better off with that.

The only way to get 1 Step working again would be to install a version of RH that came with it and you would find that to be problematic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. How would I find the copy of the PDF writer with RH? or the lite version of Acrobat?

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will see it as an option when you install RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I had installed RH X5 and did the work around suggested by Adobe to avoid activation. Now I installed RoboPDF from the same CD. And when I convert to PDF I am asked to activate RoboPDF.

Please help.

Malini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 15, 2009 Sep 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Malini.

This sounds like you installed the Adobe PDF component after you copied the two.exe files. If this is the case this expalins your problem. You have to install RH and Adobe PDF from the CD and then apply the two .exe files. This should get around the activation issue.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp