• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 Topic Pages Won't Open

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have creted a project in Robohelp 7 (html).  I cannot open any of the topic pages.  The toc does expand but none of the pages open. Can anyone guide me as to what the problem might be and/or how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the topic opens but appears blank? If so, download and install the three RH7 patches.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Colum but no, nothing happens.  Noting opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I check whether you are referring to the actual project topics or the output from the project. If the later are you outoutting a CHM file and is the CHM located on a local drive. If not, you'll want to read this link.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked the CHM and registry instructions however I am not aware of CHM.  As an end user I am aware that the files are html and I know that I am not getting an error message of any sort. When I open the toc, select a book from the table, the table expands I select a topic and nothing happens the screen remained grayed out.  I am able to publish, so the data is still there.  Do you beleive that applying either, one or both, of the suggested fixes (i.e. registry and CHM Patch) will be the best approach?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So we are talking about the actual project files. Right? Can you confirm that you have downloaded and installed all the three patches from the link in my previous post? Also ensure that your project files are located on a local drive and not on a network drive. It is good practice to create a directory somewhere to store your RH project files (e.g. C:/Source). If after doing that you still have a problem, post back.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is probably a really stupid question, but what does the OP mean by "select a topic" from the TOC? Does the OP mean single-click, which opens a topic in a generated help project? Or double-click, which is what's needed in the project itself? If you single-click a topic in a RH project, no topic is displayed, no error is incurred, and the screen remains "grayed out." And you can still successfully generate the project.

When a problem appears that an esteemed expert like Colum cannot answer of the top of his head, we have to look at the unusual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp