• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Skins Gallery disappeared

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- I have the TCS (first version with RoboHelp 7) and did a WebHelp demo. I put it aside to do other work, and now when I launch RH none of the skins are in the gallery. I have no idea how that happened and I can't find anything in the Knowledge Base about it. Does anyone know any way to fix this, or do I have to uninstall/reinstall RH?

Thanks!

Daryl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

There are several instances of this key but it looks like everything is in place except the actual files.

If you have another machine with the files, you can copy them but otherwise I would go to Add / Remove Programs (or the Vista equivalent) and do a repair.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What gallery? Where are you expecting to see the skins? Are you talking about the skins in a project or somewhere else?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

To locate the gallery:

--Open the Project Setup pod

--Right-click Skins

--Click New Skins (the New Skin Options dialog box opens)

--Click Create from Gallery (the Skin Gallery dialog box opens, displaying WebHelp tab and a list of the available skins)

--Select a skin and then click Preview to see a preview of it

When I open the gallery there are no skins listed any more. When I go to the program files and open RoboHtml > Gallery folder, there are Images and Tables, and when I open the sqSkinsExt > Gallery folder, there's a Quick Preview containing a .gif that would normally give you a preview if there were anything to preview.

Any ideas why the gallery files disappeared and how to get them back?

Thanks!

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\sqSkinsExt\Gallery\QuickPreview.

Delete Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2 from that path if you have standalone RH. Also amend the version number if necessary.

First thing to do is see if they are there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, in the paragraph below the instructions I listed, I mentioned that the sqSkinsExt > Gallery > Quick Preview folders are there (I have TCS1 and RH7). However, there's only a .gif in the Quick Preview folder and all it does is open a Web page and keeps trying to find the skins that aren't there.

Thanks,

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. See if you have these other folders with content while I look at something else.

skins.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, I do have the directory structure you show under RoboHelp (but not RoboHTML).

Thanks -- I really appreciate your help with this!

Best,

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you have this registry key. (RH7 illustrated)

Click the image to view it full size

skinkey.jpg

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\RoboHelp\7.00\Common

The key has a value for SkinGalleryDir, a type of REG_SZ and the value is the path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes, here's the path value, which leads back to the empty folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\TechnicalCommunicationSuite\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\sqSkinsExt\Gallery

Best,

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several instances of this key but it looks like everything is in place except the actual files.

If you have another machine with the files, you can copy them but otherwise I would go to Add / Remove Programs (or the Vista equivalent) and do a repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

THANKS so much for taking the time to help me on this. I was afraid to uninstall/reinstall, because something strange always seems to happen when I mess with things, but I did it with no problems and the gallery is back, so thank you very much.

Best regards,

Daryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad the show is back on the road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp