Exit

WebHelp Search results include text from topic

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Using XP with RH8 and RSC 3.1 

Testing the Search tab functions in a Web help project and noticed that the Search Results list includes text from the topic, including from the Header, which have our product name and copyright statement.

Is there a way to turn the display of text off, or at least restrict where it picks up the text from?    I like having the ranking column, but the topic title is all I really want in that column if that's possible.

See the attached example.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

Regards,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the context option in the second page of the wizard.

search.jpg

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks so much.  That was it.   I just upgraded the project to RH8 and apparently it selected that setting as I never had the issue before.  The setting was also selected in the other projects that I've put in RH8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp