Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defining a style that has a graphic bullet

Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble in RH8 (WebHelp primary layout) trying to apply a style I defined in RH5 .css that uses a graphic for a bullet.

Maybe I cannot divine the flexibility behind the style dialog for bullets in RH8, which somewhat convoluted and rigid.

Any RH WebHelp users have suggestions for applying a graphic (such as a pencil) for a Note style, or (a question mark for) a question style?  Or a tomato for a bulleted list style?

I've attached the RH X5 .css, but using this in RH8, the bullets, numbering, and hanging indent seem to have acquired an inaccessible life of their own.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, I also added the graphic files for the bulleted items to the project folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Adding to the folder in what manner? If you meant that you copied the file manually using Windows Explorer, that may not be sufficient.

In RoboHelp you may add things to a folder called "Baggage". But that folder may not show up depending on your Pod Settings (RoboHelp 7 or 8 here)

Click the Folder icon to change the view and reveal the Baggage folder.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the suggestion, but there is no baggage folder. Previous version of RH (5), the image files (in the project folder structure) were in the root directory (using an Explorer window), but showed up in the Images folder in RH.

RH8 doesn't have an option for importing image files (.jpg or .gif extensions)...the import dialog only allows HTM type files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What RoboFlavor are you using? RoboHelp for Word or RoboHelp HTML?

If it is RoboHelp HTML, I listed an image earlier in this thread that shows you how to toggle the view so you see the Baggage folder.

Once you bring the Baggage folder into view you will be able to right-click it and add your image as a baggage file. The thing is, if only your style sheet references the image RoboHelp will be totally unaware of it. This is why you add as Baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp HTML In Project Manager, when I click the folder with the sunglasses, it changes to a folder with a globe. Or in the hierarchical (expandable) folder view beneath, the folder with the sunglasses shows as See Also (it is empty)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Folder with the glasses is what you want. In that view you see Baggage Files. In the "new and improved" (cough) global view, you don't see them separated.

See Also will always be blank. It's just an icon to click to open the See Also pod.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cough means the world to me! (Ah, there are 2 folders with glasses)...so baggage files are images, broken links...and the missing icon gifs and jpgs.

How does one get graphics INTO a RH8 project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Okay, if you are simply inserting an image into a topic, there are multiple ways.

You click the toolbar icon:

tmp1.png

Or Insert > Image... or press Ctrl+G

tmp2.png

and at that point the image is part of your project.

But if it's something referenced in an unusual manner, you add to Baggage. I recommend changing to Classic view by clicking that folder icon in the pod so it shows as a folder with Glasses. Note that I've observed on many occasions that the icon becomes mismatched. I've reported same to Adobe as a bug, but they haven't acknowledged it as such yet.

Once you see the Baggage files, right-click and choose New > Baggage File.

tmp3.png

Then you point at the file. The file may be literally any type of file. Image, Document, Database, you name it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Show/Hide baggage files is cleared (unchecked). You can unhide it by clicking the blue funnel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh yes... forgot about the Blue Funnel! You have been playing I see. The Blue Funnel normally has everything selected until you play with it. LOL

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Your Goober Guides page has a peanut as a bullet. If I were to want to create a style (which I named bullist in RH 5 .css file) and use the goober as the bullet...how would I set that up in my RoboHelp HTML (8) WebHelp project?

That's the rub. I can get a graphic into the baggage file, but I can't seem to add to the list of predefined bullets (like all we ever need is a phone, a heart, a TM...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp