Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index entries on Safari

Jul 30, 2008 Jul 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded from RoboHelp 5x and opened an existing RoboHelp project (webhelp) that needs to run on Safari and Firefox. My index entries display correctly on Firefox. In Safari, however, entries that are associated with more than one topic are not displayed. (When you click the entry, nothing happens.) Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just stumbled onto this. Wow, here it is a whole year later, and I'm using RoboHelp 8 and having the same problem this person had. Yikes! Seriously, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used the latest Safari to open one of the sample projects that came with RH7 and the index is working fine, seriously amp100s.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! A response! 🙂

I finally dug around and saw another post that suggested that same thing (to look at a sample project). So okay, it's obviously my files. But no matter what options I choose (on WebHelp), including removing Mark of the Web, W3C, whatever, everything I do has the same problems. The files I created brand new in RoboHelp 8 have the problem. The files that I created in RoboHelp 5X and then upgraded to RoboHelp 8 have the problem.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out what causes this. Any other suggestions on where to look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project upgraded from 7 to 8 works.

Project created in 8 works.

Are you on the latest version of Safari?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And I've having the same issue with Chrome. And I'm having different issues with Opera, which won't even let you double-click a folder in the TOC to open it, and when you search for a term, it does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAFARI

I just spotted I missed an important point in your first post, the problem is only with index entries having more than one topic. I get the same problem testing that so report it as a bug.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

CHROME AND OPERA

These are not supported browsers. Follow the same link and create a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! I'm not crazy after all! (such a relief!) 😄

But it's really disappointing because I thought RoboHelp 8 was supposed to have enhanced browser compatibility--and they still haven't figured out how to work with Safari (so it doesn't have a buggy index)? That really surprises me. Not trying to put blame anywhere...but it's still really surprising.

I have a feeling that the workaround to this is going to be to render two versions: One Pure HTML and one full-featured DHTML. Then direct the FF and IE users to the full-featured DHTML version, and direct everyone else to the Pure HTML version. I thought this was supposed to work with RoboHelp's own "degradation" process--but I guess it's, unfortunately, trying to give them a better experience, and not recognizing when it's not working. It's a shame RoboHelp can't let you bypass that and manually set it (for example, setting some kind of rule to display DHTML on IE and FF, and displaying Pure HTML on anything else).

I'll definitely vote for these issues. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your software entirely without bugs?

Don't forget to submit a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp