• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 environment crashes when hovering on TOC/Index

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an environment that I have been able to save and reload (see the attached example). It has the TOC and Index pods as tabs but docked to the left hand margin. The Project Manager, Project Setup, Variables and Snippet pods are also tabed (but in their own group) and situated next to the left hand margin. All is well with the world until I hover the mouse over the TOC or Index. Then RH crashes.

Having tried a few things out, it looks like this only happens when the TOC or Index are pinned to the left hand margin. Pin them to the right or bottom and all is OK. Before I offer this up to the Adobe gods I thought I'd see if there is something I'm overlooking.environment.png

Read the RoboColum(n).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if the TOC is on the right side with auto hide set, it is still there when you reopen the project?

If it is, can you phone me and talk me through it. This could be useful.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK this is a known problem. Many, many thanks to Peter Grainge for helping us reach that conclusion.

To help clarify, the TOC can not be pinned and hidden anywhere. If you do and save the environment all appears well until you close down RH. When you reopen RH with the saved environment and hover on the TOC, it crashes. I will be reporting this as a bug and anyone else who has this problem, it would be useful if you do likewise.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp