Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Force application to end using code

Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on specific functionality in the application.cfc and need to see what is happening when an application starts and ends (onApplicationStart and onApplicationEnd methods). Outside of stopping and starting ColdFusion itself, and without playing with the "applicationtimeout" setting, is there any way using code to force an application to end?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried something like:

<cfinvoke method="onApplicationEnd">
    <cfinvokeargument name="ApplicationScope" value="#application#" />
</cfinvoke>

I haven't tried this myself by the CF documententation implies you can call the onApplicationEnd method in your code.
"If you call this method explicitly, ColdFusion does not end the application; it does execute the method code, but does not lock the Application scope while the method executes."
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/AppEvents_04.html#1188612

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what I'm doing now - I invoke the onApplicationEnd, passing the application scope and then the last line of that method, I invoke the onApplicationStart method. It works, but I would like to test the actually ending and starting. Unfortunately, nobody I've talked to has a solution. Perhaps it's a ColdFusion security issue - malicious code can't close the application?

Thanks for the reply, it's nice to know I'm not totally crazy on my approach!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation