• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Horizontal line properties

Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I've been trying out the insert horizontal line function but have found that by default I get 50% width and centered. I would like to be able to change the default way this appears when inserted.

I know I can right click and in the Horizontal Line properties dialogue change each indivdual instance but how do I set this globally so it appears with the properties I want by default?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 15, 2008 Aug 15, 2008
Hi all

Okay, for a nickel I'll tell you how to coax RoboHelp to use your preferred settings for the Horizontal Rule.

Ready? You have to close RoboHelp and open your Registry Editor.

All disclaimers apply. Don't come cryin to me if you munge your registry and don't have a backup. Yadda yadda yadda.

Got Regedit open? Cool. Try navigating to this HKEY:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\7.00\RoboEditor\Defaults

There are many many entries in this spot. You want to locate the one that r...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how you would do it, but I do it as follows:

Ignore Horizontal line and use a small image instead.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh--I just posted about this the other day here. Peter says there's nothing to do but put in a request to Adobe for default horizontal rule settings.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

By the way, by manually putting hr styles in my style sheet, I got everything but width to default. (Of course, centered was fine for me because I wanted 100%, so I don't know if some setting other than centered won't default.)

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Okay, for a nickel I'll tell you how to coax RoboHelp to use your preferred settings for the Horizontal Rule.

Ready? You have to close RoboHelp and open your Registry Editor.

All disclaimers apply. Don't come cryin to me if you munge your registry and don't have a backup. Yadda yadda yadda.

Got Regedit open? Cool. Try navigating to this HKEY:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\7.00\RoboEditor\Defaults

There are many many entries in this spot. You want to locate the one that reads:
InsertHRSample

Double-click that entry and you should get a dialog allowing you to change its value. Mine looked like this before:
<hr style="width: 50%; float: aligncenter;">

I modified it and now it looks like this:
<hr style="width: 95%; float: aligncenter;">

Close Regedit and restart RoboHelp. Insert a Horizontal Rule and bask in the glory of your new desired width. Ahhh... Life is good, no?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. It looks as though this is an adobe wish list request or do the registry thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
well that little tidbit of info is worth the price of admission right there, Rick. can't wait to see what else I can play with in there.

Munge. I love that word. He he he.

Life is sweet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp