• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Server and Windows Authentication

Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I have a remote server, running on port 80, that I want to connect to via RDS, but in IIS,
anonymous access is disabled and to view the website running on it, Windows authentication is required.

I have successfully connected to this remote server from CFBuilder via RDS only after disabling Windows authentication
and enabling anonymous access, but once I switch it back, CF Builder can't connect (401 Unauthorized error).

Is there any way to configure a Remote Server within CFBuilder, so that it passes my Windows authentication
credentials to it?  Or, is there a workaround for this, other than disabling Windows authentication?

Thanks,
-Jose

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

The only work around for this issue that I found is turning off Windows Authentication for the virtual CFIDE directory you create.  You can leave it on for all others.  Thats what I ended up doing and its worked flawlessly since.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only work around for this issue that I found is turning off Windows Authentication for the virtual CFIDE directory you create.  You can leave it on for all others.  Thats what I ended up doing and its worked flawlessly since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are correct, your solution worked perfectly.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation