Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running Functions At Certain Times

Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some functions that I want to run automatically at a certain time. For example say every morning at 6:00AM i want one of my CF functions to run that sends an email out to everyone as a reminder.

Right now the only way I see to do this is to have someone visit the website, it then looks if it send the email that day or not, if not it sends it. Is there a way to do this where I don't have to have someone access the website and it was automatic. For example I want it to runand send emails today automatically just in case no one ever goes to the website today.

Thanks

Todd Warne

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Ah, cfsearching beat me to the easy answer.

Yes ColdFusion has a function called "Scheduled Tasks" that can be set up in the administrator, or by the schedule task tag in the latest versions, to be run on a schedule, imagine that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can place the code to execute in a cfm script. Then run the script as a scheduled task. You can create scheduled tasks via the CF Administrator, or using cfschedule. See the documentation for more details.

http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/Tags_r-s_11.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, cfsearching beat me to the easy answer.

Yes ColdFusion has a function called "Scheduled Tasks" that can be set up in the administrator, or by the schedule task tag in the latest versions, to be run on a schedule, imagine that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation