• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the mouse vanish when captions are turned off?

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

My project owner apparently does not like the captions when I record my demonstrations, so I've turned that option off when I capture my demo's. However, I've discovered that my mouse motion does not capture when captions are turned off, which means that I need to turn on the mouse for each slide. It's more annoying than catastrophic, but does anyone know why this is happening and how I can prevent it? I've verified that "capture mouse" is turned on in the recording preferences. I've even turned it off and then back on, to no avail. Is this a bug or user error? (I'm leaning towards option B.)

Thanks!

Krista

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Hi there

I am at a total loss to explain why it happens. Haven't really noticed it myself.

However, I might be able to ease the pain a bit.

I'm not sure this will work, but it may. After you have recorded, select all the slides in Storyboard view or in the Film Strip. Then enable the mouse for all of them at once. That part should work. What I'm unsure about is if the mouse movements will be retained from the recording. It may end up where the mouse is there, but you have to reset the coordinates f

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I am at a total loss to explain why it happens. Haven't really noticed it myself.

However, I might be able to ease the pain a bit.

I'm not sure this will work, but it may. After you have recorded, select all the slides in Storyboard view or in the Film Strip. Then enable the mouse for all of them at once. That part should work. What I'm unsure about is if the mouse movements will be retained from the recording. It may end up where the mouse is there, but you have to reset the coordinates for each slide. Ick!

If this happens, you could take a different tack.

Export the Captions as a Word document. Edit the Word document and remove all caption text. Then import back in to blank out all the captions. Then edit one caption and configure it as transparent. Use the Apply to all to configure all the other captions that way. They would still be there, but would then be invisible. Might be less painful that way.

Don't forget to report the mouse issue as a bug! The link is in my sig line.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick! That's actually what I've been doing, so at least I know I'm going in the right direction. When I select all of my slides and click "show mouse", the mouse appears with the correct coordinates, so it really just boils down to an extra step.

It must be a bug so I'll report it as such. As I said, it's not preventing me from creating a demo; it's just added an extra step.

Once again, I am captivated by your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the hint,  I have a similar problem, and I can't highlight all slides because of a full motion slide,  but grouping them works.  Now I know it is captions that is turning off my mouse too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources