• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 - Merged Index Removal

Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I merged sub-projects into a master and the TOCs and indices (indexes) are fine.  I activated the Add New Keywords to Binary Index in the Project Settings. Everything works great!. However, I removed one sub-project from the master project, but the index keywords for the removed sub-project still appear after compiling.

I de-activated the Add New Keywors to Binary indicator and re-compiled.  The removed sub-project's keywords are still there (and the Add New Keywords to Binary Index indicator is active again - I double checked that I clicked OK and not Cancel).

Did I miss a step?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we talking about merged webhelp or merged CHMs?

It should only be necessary to trash the child from wherever the merged output is located.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are talking about merged .CHM files.  I have deleted the merged .CHMs from the TOC.  Should I look in Baggage Files or any other place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2009 Jul 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the RH8 merged help article on my site. There is a section at the end about merged CHMs. See if that helps.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

Thanks for the link to your site.  Management has changed direction so further HTMLHelp development is on hold.  I'll keep your web site in mind as we go on from there.  Thanks again.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp