• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to authorize new ebook reader

Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I just bought an ebook reader called cool-er.

When I launch ADE, it asks me to authorize the reader, but I always get the following error:

E_ADEPT_DATABASE http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate
> Data%20truncation:%20Data%20too%20long%20for%20column%20'fingerprint'%20at%20row%201

Is there something I can do to be able to get rid of this error and authorize the reader? I asked other owners of the same reader, and all of them could authorize the device without problems.

I tried on Vista Ultimate and Win7 RC, authorizing ADE first on my two PCs.

Thanks

Paolo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2009 Jul 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody?

At least does anyone have a clue if that error message can be caused by something on the ereader hardware side or is something to do with my account/adobe servers?

In case the problem lies with the hardware I'll have to ask for a replacement, but I'd like to be sure...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with my Cool-ER.  I've tried both the Mac and Windows versions of ADE and had the same problem with both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

sorry for the inconvenience.

Would you please, open the folder

.adobe-digital-editions

on the device.

folder might be hidden, so, you might want to change View option in order to make it visible.

Please send us a file located there.

(I sent you my e-mail in private)

Thanks,

Egor Chibisov
Digital Publishing Group

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Egor. I didn't get your email address, but have attached device.xml.

Hope you get it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Device.xml attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to resolve this problem by opening device.xml in .adobe-digital-editions on the cool-er and deleting the last five digits of the 'fingerprint' tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tommy!

That did the trick for me as well. Now everything works perfectly.

Strange how the fingerprint was 32 digits and did not work, now that's a weird 27 digits it does...

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.  That had been really bugging me for two weeks!

Just tried deleting a digit at a time until the fingerprint was accepted.

By the way, as a test I purchased a DRM'd eBook online (from Waterstones), imported into ADE and copied to my cool-er.  All worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i delete the last five digits?

When i open the device link on this forum I can see the 32 digit code but can't get to delete the last five digits!!

can anyone help??

Charlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlene,

You need to make sure you open your own device.xml file, not the one that I posted in the forum.  The file contains a unique number that is exclusive to your reader.  My number won't work for you!

To find your device.xml file, attach the reader to your PC/Mac via USB and browse the contents of it using Windows Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac).  You should see a folder called '.adobe-digital-editions'.  You'll find device.xml within that folder.

When you've found that file, right-click it and open it using a text editor such as Notepad (PC) or TextEdit (Mac).  You should then be able to delete the last five digits of the fingerprint tag and save the file.

Hope that works for you as well as it did for Paolo and myself.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines