Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide Whitespace Chars ?

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

Is there any way to hide the displaying of whitespace chars - tab, space ?

Thanks

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Hi,

There are two settings that I know of for viewing white space characters.  The first is located in Windows>Preferences>Text Editors and the 6th checkbox down in that section is show whitespace characters.  If you are seeing symbols such as the paragraph tag for your carraige return/line feeds this is the one to turn off.

There is also a shortcut key that I accidenally hit last night.  I spent a bit of time pounding on my keyboard until I found it again.  If you accidentally hit this shortcut k

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There are two settings that I know of for viewing white space characters.  The first is located in Windows>Preferences>Text Editors and the 6th checkbox down in that section is show whitespace characters.  If you are seeing symbols such as the paragraph tag for your carraige return/line feeds this is the one to turn off.

There is also a shortcut key that I accidenally hit last night.  I spent a bit of time pounding on my keyboard until I found it again.  If you accidentally hit this shortcut key you will see \r\n for your carraige return/line feeds.  In this case hit Ctrl-. (that is control and the period key) and the whitespace characters should go away.

Hope this helps.

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent!

Control Period is what I needed.

The option in windows text editors did not make the characters go away, just made them a lighter shade of gray.

Thank you very very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation