• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRS505- how to authorise reader?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2009 Jul 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read with interest that a range of people are not able to authorise the Sony reader PRS 505, having same problem.  uninstalled software just in case I missed a step but no, still the same.  Purchased 2 ebooks from Waterstones - front cover transferred to reader as a photo but the book content wants authorisation but all that comes up is that computer is authorised and there is no way to authorise the reader.  Tried the Ctrl-shift-E to no avail got no repose.  Spoken to Sony and Waterstones who say it must be a Digital Editons problem.  Why on earth are we  all having these problems: someone must have the answer at Adobe?  The customer service site is hopeless cannot find a way to email or an answer. I have trawled everywhere and now 3 weeks after purchase no further forward!!  Getting fed up now!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I have a PRS-505 and 700. ADE doesn't see either one to authorize. My computer is authorized but I can't get past that point no matter how many things I've tried. Adobe?? Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try what I suggest in the post entitled "To authorize Sony PCS-700". I believe "igorsk" wrote the post I refer to about a PRS-505.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't figure out why "MY" personal pc with Vista will not see either of my readers but someone on MobileRead suggested that I try it on another computer. So, I d/l sony connect library, then adobe digital editions and voila! The pc, and both readers are now authorized. I can copy and paste the ADE/pdf file plus, for the library books, the .xml file onto my reader in the ADE folder and it works fine, or just use my boyfriend's computer for any ADE until I figure it out. At least my readers are authorized so no matter where I d/l the books from, I can read them on my readers.

here's the thread. http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51154

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To "see" the Sony Readers, ADE uses a driver that is installed with the Sony Library Software and pointed to by a registry entry.

If either the driver or registry entry are not present, then the ADE will not be able to connect to any Sony Readers.

If you want help from Adobe ensuring that you Sony Library software is installed correctly, your best bet is to open up a Web Support case.

--

-jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2009 Jul 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony ebook Library is installed on my computer. I really can't figure what the issue is. When I wen to my boyfriend's laptop, I installed Sony Library, installed ADE, it asked me to authorize the computer, I did. I plugged in the prs700, right away it asked to authorize it, same for the prs505. For the life of me I couldn't tell you what it is. I've tried running all programs as the administrator as well. I'm at a loss. Until then, anything ADE will have to go through the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem authorizing a PRS505 Reader from a Windows 2000 machine. Following advice

on this and other forums I have installed the Sony E-library and drivers and the Sony E-library can see the

Reader, so I think this step was successful. Now I understand that when I start Adobe Digital Editions, the

Reader should appear in the bookshelves and I can then authorize it. This does not happen. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I presume you tried the recommendation I posted on the Adobe Digital Editions user-to-user forum, specifically following the manual installation of the eBook Library (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26849&highlight=pim). You may only need to use the direction related to PIM found in that post.

I

think the problem is related to where you locate the Sony eReader and

the Adobe Digital Editions. I believe they have to be on the same

drive and I think that drive needs to be the C: drive. I had both of

those programs located together on a different drive. By changing the drive letter in the PIM post to the drive where I had Adobe Digital Editions worked for me.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines