• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having HUGE issues with captivate 4 and vista- receive MP3/wav error messages and 0x80070005 error codes- Is there help out there?

Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just uploaded Captivate 4 Educator Version to my vista machine (Dell XPS M1530).  When right click Captivate 4 in admin mode, Adobe Acrobat 9 loads/configures.  [Question- Why does this happen every time, and can I stop?].  I then I import my ppt.  Then all the wav files embedded in the ppt come up with another error message unable to decode and import the selected wav/mp3 file.  Then when I go to do text to speech, I can pick out the person "Kate" but I also get the same error message- unable to decode and import the selected wav/mp3 file.  HELP!  There has to be another person out there that has had a similar issue.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Seeing as you just installed, have you appliled the update? Click Help > Updates... to check. If that option fails, try visiting the updates page at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Acrobat 9 loads/configures.  [Question- Why does this happen every time, and can I stop?]"

I had this happen and what seemed to come to pass was the registation # became corrupt/missing. As if you had the 30 trial and it was day 31.

Re-registered fixed this for me.

BUT...

are you using 64-bit Vista. It has been suggested there are some issues with Cp adn 64 bit OS's. (Note sure if the update fixes this)

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'ts vista 32 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

This problem was driving me nuts for a few days with various solutions along the same lines. I was getting the problem you describe as well as not being able to record. And then I found this on another thread here:

Re: Error encountered while copying audio stream

1. Close Captivate
2. Run 'command prompt (cmd)' in Admin mode
3. Go to the directory where Captivate-4 is installed
4. Run 'regsvr32 NSAudio.dll'
5. You should get a message 'registration of dll successful'
6. Now launch Captivate-4 again and execute your test.
(all cred to mtoya)
This solved both my problems. The big difference in this solution is the second half of point 2. That's what did it for me.
Hope it helps
/dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources