Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Needed!

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robohelpers,

I am currently using Robohelp X5 for generating CHM files for my project. All the topics are context sensitive and have been coded by the developer to open up as per context. The pages for corresponding contexts open up properly but the corresponding htm page doesn't get displayed in the TOC. The TOC even doesn't expand. What do i do?? I have even gone to Single Source Layout (Under Projects)>Microsoft HTML Help Options>Advanced>TOC tab and have selected Always Show Selection, but it didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2009 Jul 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and welcome to the RH community.

I think this is down to the API call made by the developer. Unfortunately I don't have the exact syntax to hand and am a bit rushed at the moment. If you seearch these forums (look out for posts by Pete Lees particularly) and you should find the solution.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2009 Jul 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Editor,

As well as choosing the "Always Show Selection" option, have you also selected the tri-pane option "Auto Synchronize TOC"? See this Help topic for instructions:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/RoboHTML/WS355AEF7F-34ED-4124-BC8F-B27DE7A228E1.html

The "Auto Synchronize TOC" option is the one that is responsible for synchronizing the TOC with whatever topic appears in the topic pane. I think the "Always Show Selection" option just ensures that the TOC entry for the currently displayed topic is always highlighted, even when the TOC doesn't have the focus.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp