1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 10:30 AM by Peter Grainge

How do I disable RoboHelp Starter?

attm&pmanger Level 1

I'm using RH8.  It is experiencing significant latency for the simplest of tasks - typing, adding tables, formatting text, opening topics.  I have not been able to figure out what is causing it.  My project has a about 1,500 topics.  However, I'm using the same project I used in RHX5, and I never experienced this problem.  So...before I lose my sanity , I would like to disable RoboHelp Starter to see if that improves my response time.  Anyone know how to accomplish that or have any other helpful suggestions?

• 1. Re: How do I disable RoboHelp Starter?
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional

It is not the starter but if you don't like that, just create shortcuts to RH's HTML exe file. You should have them on the Start menu anyway.

Opening topics is a known issue, there is one trick in Using RH8 on my site that may help. Works for some and not others.

The number of topics is not large. Is the project on your hard disk or a network drive? The latter is a big No No, always has been.

I have not seen others complain of the other speed issues. Are we you talking about RH8 HTML or for Word?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

1 person found this helpful