Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Master Pages

Level 1

I can not hide the master page in my 2-page form. This is driving me crazy. I tried following the help instructions; go to hierarchy, object pallette and choose hidden, but hidden is not an available option and of course, I can not delete it. Is it possible to get rid of the master page (I have nothing on it)? How can I hide it at the very least?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok I got it .....the issue is on the "untitled subform Page 1" object. Highlight that in the hierarchy view, then look at the Object/Pagination palette. On the Place field you have to "Top of Next Page". Change it to "Top of Page" and choose the Master page when it pops up.

By placing your content at the top of th enext page you were forcing a blank Master Page. The 1st Master Page must be used or one will be put in for you.

Hope that helps

Paul

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 2

I just click the minus mark to make it smaller and leave it up there at the top. It doesn't have any affect if you don't have anything on it--it's just there.

Level 1

I would like for there not to be a blank page when I save and send my form. I would like my form to be two pages, but there is a third blank page which is the master form. Can I get rid of it?

Level 2

Ah. When you click on the Plus symbol next to your Master Pages--does it have three pages? If you aren't using them, you can simply highlight the extra master pages you don't need and hit the delete key to get rid of them. I hope I'm understanding your question properly...

Level 1

The issue is I don't want it to show up when I send out the form.

Former Community Member

Can you post the form that you are having the problem with?

Thanks

Steve

Former Community Member

You put a password on the form .....can you give the password so we can open it and see what you have done?

Paul

Level 1

I sent the password via private message. Did you get it?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Ok I got it .....the issue is on the "untitled subform Page 1" object. Highlight that in the hierarchy view, then look at the Object/Pagination palette. On the Place field you have to "Top of Next Page". Change it to "Top of Page" and choose the Master page when it pops up.

By placing your content at the top of th enext page you were forcing a blank Master Page. The 1st Master Page must be used or one will be put in for you.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 1

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I WOULD NOT HAVE FIGURED THAT OUT!

SDSUHEALTH

Level 1

Does this mean that even when the content of the first masterpage is being hidden by js the empty masterpage is displayed?

BR

Carsten

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----