Expand my Community achievements bar.

Acrobat/IE restart repeatedly when opening Autofill forms from web

Level 1

I had previously posted this problem in the Acrobat forum but it was suggested the problem may lie with LiveCycle Forms.  Here is the problem:

I am having a problem with a users Acrobat and IE continuously restarting when attempting to open an autofill form (aka a form that gets filled in automatically with info from a database) from the web.  This is a corporate network so I suspect it may be a policy or firewall issue but not sure.  I have checked all my Dom policies and can not find anything that would cause this problem.  I am not sure if this will occur if the content being used to fill the form is blocked at the firewall.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tuuek

5 Replies

Former Community Member

So I assume that the data to prefill your form is retrieved at the server level before the form is opened then you merge that data onto the template at rendering ...right?

If so can you write the data to a data file and try importing the data file to see if the same thing happens.

Paul

Level 1

I do not have control of their server.  My user is clicking on a button within their site and it is supposed to load a pdf form filled in with data pulled from their db servers.  I have no control over that.  I am trying to determine if it is a problem on my end like a policy or their end.

Former Community Member

So is the form being loaded (empty) and then data is retrieved or are they sending data and form together to load in a single call?

Did you try with different browser to see if it was a browser issue?

Paul

Level 1

It appears to be a single call as best I can tell.  I have tried it with IE6,7,8 and I am using Acrobat 9+.

Former Community Member

That technique is used all over the world without issue so I do not think that it is something in Acrobat - otherwise I would expect a lot more issues raised. I believe it is something environmental in your network - although it is difficult to tell without seeing the issue.

Paul