• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conversion of video files to insert into Captivate (4)

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All - I have recently got hold of Captivate 4 to create eLearning modules for contact centre agents to work through (in various subjects) part of this involved me inserting videos (of various things like business presentations and use of our complicated telephony)

For this purpose I purchased a Flip Digital Camera ( http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_ultra.shtml#scene=sceneMain ) as it was simple to use, cheap and fufilled the requirements I had.

However the files from the camera do not encode properly to allow me to insert them into my Captivate projects. They save as .avi files and to insert them they need to be (correct me if i am wrong!) .flv files. my question therefore is,

Is there a way around this? and if not - What can I use to re-encode them into the required file extension for insertion?

any advice would be gladly recieved!

thx - si

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Hi there

Sounds like you need an AVI to FLV converter software. I have Flash and struggle with it. But if you have Flash you probably have the ability to convert in Flash. If you don't have Flash, perhaps use Google to locate a suitable package. Some are free and some you have to buy.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sounds like you need an AVI to FLV converter software. I have Flash and struggle with it. But if you have Flash you probably have the ability to convert in Flash. If you don't have Flash, perhaps use Google to locate a suitable package. Some are free and some you have to buy.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Thats good advice - I have been doing some research of my own and I have found something called - AVS Video Converter - which is either £35 (or free if you can put up with a watermark in the middle of your video stating it is not a registered paid copy!) which seems to work ok.

I unfortunately do not have Flash so will have to continue using this AVS software. The problems is being local government we have to be careful what we use is all 'above board'!

Thanks for your help anyway!

Si

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources