• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find plus-boxes to use in a new project?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fresh to using RoboHelp (RH X50.1 Build 606) as I start updating our support material.

Within the RoboHelp tutorials, in addition to those in the index, plus-boxes are used to collapse elements of the tutorial script (Opening a project is one example).

I want to use plus-boxes to segregate some of our Help narrative. However, when it comes to putting a new project together, I can't find the way to do this.

It seems strange that the RoboHelp tutorial itself uses plus-boxes in this way, but doesn't appear to provide users the same incredibly useful functionality.

• Where should I look?
  • Do I need to consider an upgrade?
  • If so, which version of RoboHelp contains the function?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can offer.

Mark Higgitt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark and welcome to the RH community.

I believe you are referring to what are called Twisties. This feature has been built into the latest release (RoboHelp 8) but that doesn't mean you can't achieve the same affect in earlier versions. You may want to check out this link and this link over on Peter Grainge's site.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum!

That's given me all I need.

I've mastered the art of drop-down text (and its assorted pop-up and expanded bretheren), but I wanted an icon of sorts that would both give a visual cue to our users that there's expanded text lurking, and to keep the initial unexpanded page as brief as possible.

The solution on Peter's site is certainly a very simple and elegant solution to what we want to achieve. As a bit of a technical half-wit, all I must do now is speak politely to my technical colleagues and beg their help in turning Peter's theory into practice!

Thanks again.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not theory, the twisties work! However see the caution with Show All and Hide All.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

... in putting Peter's solution into practice!

Thanks for the input, Peter. Regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp