6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2009 8:35 AM by John T Smith RSS

Please fix this link!

Kath-H Community Member

Not sure how, though

Anyway, people are coming to the Dreamweaver forum (here) and going to 'How to Get Help Quickly' - from the Overview.

Unknown to them, that thread is in Forum Comments. So when they go 'up to discussions', they are in Forum Comments and proceed to post their problem.

• 1. Re: Please fix this link!
          Kath-H Community Member

People read 'How to get help quickly' without realising they've been shifted from one forum to another. They see a link for 'Up to discussions in Forum Comments' - well, they never heard of that, have no idea it's real place, they think they are going back to discussions in whatever forum they were just in.

And they post their question in Forum Comments, to the bemusement of the people there.

• 2. Re: Please fix this link!
            Kath-H Community Member

Maybe a DW host could write their own - or just copy it - and link it firmly back here?

• 3. Re: Please fix this link!
              David_Powers ACP

I wrote the original draft of "How to get help quickly". Adobe decided to adopt it without changes, and put in in the other forum. I have asked John Cornicello to create a duplicate version here, as I think it looks better coming from an official Adobe source.

At least some people are reading it.

• 4. Re: Please fix this link!
                John T Smith MVP

>At least some people are reading it

Well, I'd say one or two a day for the last 2-3 weeks have clicked that link... and then continued on to ask a DW question in the comments forum

It took several of us asking the person, and one person finally answering with a detailed sequence of clicks, to find out that the problem started with the "get help quickly" link in this forum

Duplicating the information, and changing the link on the main page here, would help the forum discussion area a LOT

• 5. Re: Please fix this link!
                  David_Powers ACP

John T Smith wrote:

Well, I'd say one or two a day for the last 2-3 weeks have clicked that link... and then continued on to ask a DW question in the comments forum

And it took only a few hours to get it fixed once the problem was drawn to my attention. Hopefully, all sorted now.

• 6. Re: Please fix this link!
                    John T Smith MVP

All seems well, with the new link http://forums.adobe.com/thread/470404

Thanks!