• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player download freezing up my pc.

Jun 12, 2009 Jun 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows XP with SP3, and IE8.  The last couple of days many websites kept telling me that I needed Flash Player 9.  I clicked on the link and it would say that Flash Player had installed successfully, but when I went back to the website; they were still asking me to download it.  After reading some online suggestions, I uninstalled Flash Player.  Now when I try to download the new one, my computer freezes.  After a while I get a pop-up saying that "Dr. Watson's, postmortem de-bugger needs to close".   Help me please. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 13, 2009 Jun 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I came in here because I truly had a problem.  Over 60 people looked at my question, but not one of you bothered to try to help me.  On my own, I have determined that Internet Explorer 8 was causing my pc to freeze up.  I have removed IE8.  With IE7, I have no problem downloading Adobe Flash Player 10.

Thanks for nothing, I won't waste my time here again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2009 Jun 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to this forum but quickly found the answer to my problem (aparently the same as yours) in the original post by Pat Willener on October 10, 2008.  You might give his fix a try if you go back to IE 8 and have the problem again.  Worked for me in minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Forget the work-arounds!  Just uninstall Flash Player and install Shockwave Player!  This did the trick for me!  No more missing items on webpages and no more prompts to download Flash Player, which means no more freezes on the install.  Our IT guy said Shockwave Player is the newest version of FlashPlayer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines