Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download purchased e-book

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with the following problem. First some background notes:

I downloaded yesterday Adobe Digital Editions (1.7.1.1085) on my mac. I downloaded a few ebooks from the adobe sample ebook library to look  if it worked. When I downloaded for an example the ebook "Alice in wonderland" the ebook was automatically downloaded in Digital Editions. When I tried to download for an example "my antonia" i got an pop-up with the question: "do you want to open the file in Digital Editions?" or "do you want to save the file on your pc?". When I clicked on "do you want to open the file in Digital Editions?" nothing happened. Also when I saved the file on the pc, I then tried to open it, it did not work. I could not import the file in Digital Editions.

I also got the message from Digital Editions:

Communicatieprobleem met server: E_ADEPT_DATABASE

I really want to read an ebook for my study as quick as I can, so I purchased an study-ebook on the web. I thougt, unfortunately, the download will hopefully work out. But it didn't. I got the same problem, described above.

Can anybody (as quick as possible, because I really have to read the book) help me with this problem. How can I get the file into Digital Editions?

Thank you in advance,

D.

The Netherlands

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't want to be very impatient, but does somebody know an solution to my problem??

Thank you!

DL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it sounds like Digital Editions cannot access the Adobe servers.

There are a couple of things you can try.

First, ensure your firewall if you have one isn't blocking access to the Adobe activation server.  Try visiting http://adeactivate.adobe.com. If you can see a 'Welcome to Digital Editions' link, then you should be OK and this is something else that the Adobe technical team may be able to advise on.

You should also check that Adobe Digital Editions is allowed to access the internet on your MAC.  Some firewalls block individual programs from accessing the internet, make sure yours does not.  Firewalls such as McAfee or Norton usually ask you if you want to allow programs access, there should be some settings in them somewhere to allow Digital Editions access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

I think there is no problem with firewalls. For an example i can read the welcome message at http://adeactivate.adobe.com.

For a full understanding of my problem, read also my thread at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/469052?tstart=0

Kind regards,

Land1981

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines