Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style won't apply to text in Preview or Publish

Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up a character style to apply to section titles in my topics. The style is included in the .css file with the appropriate attributes. On the WYSIWYG pane, all appears perfect, but on the preview and after I publish, the style is gone.

I checked the .css file on the host server and it is as it should be (to the best of my knowledge). Is there anything else I could verify to correct this problem?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Hi,

According to CSS specifications, you may not use a / within a class definition. Substitute the / for an underscore or delete it.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm more than a bit concerned by your mention of "I checked the .css file on the host server and it is as it should be (to the best of my knowledge)."

If you aren't totally certain about that aspect, the rest may be moot.

If you right-click the topic and choose to view the source when viewing from the server, do you find the styling attributes are still there for your text? Assuming they are, the issue would have to be with the CSS file.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, I'm still a newbie in HTML.   Yes, the styling attributes are in the source.

Here is the style from the .css file:

SPAN.Tab/SectionName {

font-weight: normal;
font-style: italic;

}

It is the last style in the file, and there are no LI. styles with that name.

Willam, I use IE, so I should be using the regular style sheet. I will however take note for my users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

According to CSS specifications, you may not use a / within a class definition. Substitute the / for an underscore or delete it.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did I mention I was a newbie in HTML?

Thank you, so much. I will never make that mistake again.

Nathalie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem. One tip: If you ever want to create an new stylesheet, use the W3C CSS Validator to check if your stylesheet is correct. This validator will be your new best friend

<a href="http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/">CSS Validator</a>

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If your styling attributes are still in place, as Captiv8r suggested, the following might work for you:

When you create the WebHelp output, RoboHelp creates two style sheets: your normal stylesheet and an ns style sheet. Try replacing the styles in <yourcss>nss.css with:

@import "<yourcss>.css" ;

Which style sheet you use, depends on your browser. IE and Opera get the normal style sheet, while Mozilla and Safari (and Chrome) get the _ns style sheet. RoboHelp actually deletes certain styles from the _ns style sheet, probably to improve cross-browser compatibility. The @import rule insures you get the full functionality of your style sheet.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp