Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images within mouseover (hover) not included when compiling WebHelp Pro

Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The starting page of my RoboHelp 7 project contains some mouseover (hover) functions. Those enclose buttons that change their layout when the mouse/pointer is hovered over. I used JavaScript and wrote it directly in the HTML code.

The preview works fine. When the WebHelp Pro version is compiled, only the first images are copied to the respective folder. The underlying images, that are shown when hovering the mouse over the area, are missing. How can I make RoboHelp recognize those images when compiling? Do I have to index them somewhere?

Sure, I could copy them in the folder structure (Then everything is displayed correct.) manually. But this is not convenient as I'm not the only programmer/designer and won't be the admin when the project will be online. So I need an automatted solution.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Hi again

First things first. You mention WebHelp Pro. Are you publishing to the RoboHelp Server?

You normally don't see a "Baggage Files" folder on your hard drive. If you just added to Baggage, the files would have ended up in the root level of the project. Baggage is more a concept than anything else. It's a list that RoboHelp maintains of content you tell it to bring along when you create output. Additionally, if your project is using Folders for organization, you may also need to ensure you pl

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What you are describing is the purpose of the Baggage Files function. You need to add these images to the list of Baggage Files.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.

I did the following:

Opened the baggage files folder in the Project Manager > Selected new/baggage file over context menu > Added all necessary images > Checked baggage file list if images are there > compiled new WebHelp Pro (deleted manually copied files before to check if it works now).

But in the compiled version the respective files are still missing!

We're working with source control - does this make any difference for the solution?

I also don't see the files in the baggage files folder via Windows Explorer. Should they be copied there or are they just linked within the project?

Regards,

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

First things first. You mention WebHelp Pro. Are you publishing to the RoboHelp Server?

You normally don't see a "Baggage Files" folder on your hard drive. If you just added to Baggage, the files would have ended up in the root level of the project. Baggage is more a concept than anything else. It's a list that RoboHelp maintains of content you tell it to bring along when you create output. Additionally, if your project is using Folders for organization, you may also need to ensure you place the files in the right folder when adding to Baggage.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick!

We'll publish on an internal server.

I understand that baggage is more an concept than a physical thing. Although there is a baggage file folder in the folder structure with some files in it but only a small part of the whole number.

We have folders within the TOC, if that's what you mean. The images as well as the respective topic files are saved in the main chapter of the project. I've linked them to the baggage files from there.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp