• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded from 5 to 8 and.....

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp opens in "Starter." Is this correct?  Secondly, when I open an existing xpf, my topics and TOC are not viewable.  How can I correct this?

Online help is no help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed it's common to see the Starter in the application when you first open it up.

tmp1.png

XPF? I think you mean XPJ. Can you please post a screen capture of what you see? DON'T attach it. Insert using the Camera icon.

Or perhaps describe in rich detail exactly what you are doing when you open the project. It could be that you are simply unfamiliar with the new interface.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, xpJ. Sorry

I tried to paste the captured image, but it was not allowed, and, of course, the online help is NO HELP.MoreRoboHelpProblems.PNG

I'm sure I am unfamiliar with the interface, but, of course, online help is NO HELP. Be patient with me, please, I've only been a Technical Writer for 28 years.

When I installed version 8 and tried to open an existing project file, it did not locate it at first. I went to my files and double clicked on the xpj file I wanted. It opened in RoboHelp, but I can not locate my topics or TOC, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I would begin by clicking File > Environment > Load Default Environment...

This will make the interface look different, yet somewhat familiar.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see, it did chage my view.

However, where are my topic files, PLEASE.

MoreRoboHelpProblems.PNG

Suggesting that I pay EVEN MORE to learn how to coax that which should have been automatic from an update is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me? I am struggling to see any difference since you loaded the default environment.

If you go to View > Pods > Project Manager you should see the topics but they should have appeared with the default environment that looks like this.

defaultenv.jpg

There are some other layouts on my site. Try the standard flyout one.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No difference, that's what I was trying to show you.

After 40 minutes, the project finally opened and is running very slowly....VERY slowly. Changes take forever.

Sorry to be short but I've never had good luck with Adobe products.

Tom Atkinson

Senior Technical Writer - Documentation

Fidelity National Information Services

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken the liberty of editing your post to remove your email address. If you want emails offering enlarged body parts, post it again.

It's easy to upload the wrong image so I thought you had uploaded the wrong one in the light of your words. If that is what is coming up as the default, I can only assume you must have saved over the top of the supplied default. Download one from my site and you will see Project Manager.

The tip Rick has pointed you to is for slow opening of tabs but if you cannot find your topics, I'm not clear how you are opening any.

Slow opening of the project is another thing. Make a backup of your project first and then delete the CPD file using Windows Explorer. Open the project after that, load one of my environments and then tell us how things are working.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW. What operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Peter, but I believe I will uninstall it.

Have a good day.

Tom Atkinson

Senior Technical Writer - Documentation

Fidelity National Information Services

Tom.Atkinson@fnis.com

(205) 408 4600 ex. 1513

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp