• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the Search function in RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have just installed RoboHelp 8 and are wondering if there is any documentation regarding the end-user's use of the Search function. We are very happy to see that phrases can be searched by using quotation marks, but have not been having any luck with any other typical Boolean operators. We are especially concerned with NOT; that is, is there a way to indicate you do not want a certain work or phrase included in a Search result. (NOT doesn't seem to work.)

We are trying to write documentation for our end-users, but have been unable to find any information about how this Search function works. Thanks so much for any assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi friedlanders -

It looks like AND and OR work, as follows:

"online help" AND "system"

"online help" OR "system"

I don't see how to make NOT work, though.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Gravenstein. I hadn't tried that because my major concern is with excluding a term, but that's good to know.

Anybody else have any ideas about excluding. I've tried NOT and - with no luck.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is odd is that the NOT expression worked in RoboHelp 7, I believe. Any ideas on why that functionality would have been taken out? Especially when AND and OR work.

When I try using NOT, I get "The words you typed is not a valid expression." which is just strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't think any of the boolean expressions worked in 7, but I may be wrong. We actually changed to 8 to take advantage of the quotation marks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp