• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding multiple words to RH dictionary?

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add all of the command names in our product to the RH spelling dictionary. Is there any way to do this besides typing them in one-by-one or right-clicking each one and clicking Spelling > Add to dictionary. I have about 900 command names to add. I don't think my mouse hand will like the reptitive movements.

When I was using Word, I could just add the list to the .dic file.

~M Becker

www.rhino3d.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2009 Aug 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tools > Spelling Options > Modify

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add 900 words to the dictionary all at once. I don't want to type them or cut and paste them one at a time. I can't see how to do this from the Dictionary Editor. What am I missing?

~M Becker

www.rhino3d.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not saying: RH8 HTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have poked around a bit but so far not located the dictionary file. If you can help me with the other problem you had, I can take that up with Adobe and then at the same time I can ask about this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my other problem by changing the Background + Text (BODY) style to the font I'm using and by editing the .css file and adding list styles for all of my paragraph list styles. I could not add these list styles through the Styles and Formatting panel only through the Project Manager panel.

~Margaret Becker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the dictionary file: C:\Documents and Settings\margaret\Application Data\Adobe\Linguistics\Dictionaries\RoboHelp Personal Dictionary\eng\added.clam. I can't find anything to edit it with, though.

~M Becker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't edit that file. I opened it in a text editor and it is a coded file. I also found added.txt but that did not have a word that I had added. I also found there are other files with that name in other folders and it could be a like dominoes if you mess with one. I'll see if I can find anything else.

I know you have resolved your other problem but I am interested in the aspect of the files being different in RH and in a text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested in the differences, too. I believe RH must add stuff to the file when it opens it and does not save the junk when you close it.

As for the dictionary problem, I have already decided to revert to RH5, which does everything I need and where I already have the command names added. After spending the big bucks for RH8, I find it slow, cumbersome, and annoying. In addition, I did nothing to my project and the compiled .chm file jumped from 9MB in RH5 to 17MB when compiled RH8. I haven't figured that out either, and since I've already wasted about 2 weeks on the upgrade project, I don't care anymore.

It's nice to be able to open multiple files, but the disadvantage of that is that I also have to close them. Yes, I know I can close a bunch at once.

~M Becker

www.rhino3d.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margaret Becker wrote:

...It's nice to be able to open multiple files, but the disadvantage of that is that I also have to close them. Yes, I know I can close a bunch at once.

And it's super simple too! You can even assign your own keyboard shortcut to do it. I have.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, me and the developers are in three different continents so these things do take a little time that you are not willing to give me. Sorry I couldn't answer the dictionary problem tonight.

Also I cannot get to the bottom of the other issue as you are the only one to have seen this.

Hey ho, you have made your decision. Sorry we couldn't get RH8 to work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I didn't exactly mean I had decided, I only meant that I have work to do that I can't do with RH8 right now.

~Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So help me on the other issue, I can flag that with Adobe and ask about the dictionary in passing. It may not be possible to do what you want but I can ask. However I want to kill both issues at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got caught up in work. Which issue do we still have open?

~Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As above, both.

You advised that the HTML editor in RH shows different information from when you open the same topic in a text editor. I want to see a file in a new project that shows the problem. You can send it via http://www.cutesendit.com.

If I see the same, I will send it to Adobe for investigation. While that may take some time, I can ask about the dictionary at the same time and that should get a quick answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp