• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I duplicate ftp automatice sync like Dreamweaver?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Dreamweaver, you can specifiy a remote FTP connection and Dreamweaver will automatically upload the new file on change. I apologise if this seems absoluely obvious, but how do I replicate that in Builder?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Currently CF Builder supports syncing of files to remote FTP sites by right clicking Project/Folder in Navigator view and selecting Syncronize->Create New Synchronize Connection. Once you create a connection, you can synchronize project/folder using the same context menu.

However CF Builder does not automatically sync files to FTP sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2009 Jul 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently CF Builder supports syncing of files to remote FTP sites by right clicking Project/Folder in Navigator view and selecting Syncronize->Create New Synchronize Connection. Once you create a connection, you can synchronize project/folder using the same context menu.

However CF Builder does not automatically sync files to FTP sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

In my mind, that's a big missing spot moving from Dreamweaver.

I'm assuming that the only way to do this is to set up some sort of server linking (which I'm, again, apparently not that bright) stumbling over?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2009 Jul 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround while trying to get beyond a but in the remote server setup (you can't add remote servers apparently).  What I was able to do was to create an FTP site mapped to the folder I want to work on.  I don't even create a "project", I just open FTP and navigate to my code, double click and there I am editing away.  Every time I SAVE in CF Builder, my change appears on the remote server.  I just use each FTP "site" like my "Project" and I'm working pretty much the way I did with dreamweaver.  There doesn't seem to be a local cache of files on my hard drive (at least none that I can find) but otherwise, I'm getting my remote site updated with each save.

Now for dealing with now document check in/out which my team of six CF developers uses for source control.  So far I'd say it probably isn't going to replace Dreamweaver for us but it could eventually if other deficiencies were filled.  I guess you can't expect such a young product to have all the features we have grown to love with DW over the years.

...Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too bad WebDAV isn't an option in the list of protocols. That's what the university forces on us for connecting to the remote server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd like to see an "Upload on Save" feature added as well.

Come to think of it...

Since CFBuilder has control of the CF server's admin - wouldn't it be cool if it could automatically snipe the template from the template cache?

That would be a real productivity enhancement since I find myself having to clear the template cache every change no matter what my settings in the Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation