• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remote Server

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2009 Jul 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a remote cf8. I have patched the zip file that was required. CF Builder is still giving me this error message:

[Pete-Server], Error, 07/19 at 12:04:31, The connection to the remote JNDI server on host Pete-SERVER at port 2930 has failed (as have all backup hosts listed, if any) - please verify that the server is running and the NamingService is available
[Pete-Server], Error, 07/19 at 12:07:49, The connection to the remote JNDI server on host Pete-SERVER at port 2930 has failed (as have all backup hosts listed, if any) - please verify that the server is running and the NamingService is available
[Pete-Server], Error, 07/19 at 12:07:49, No RDS Server Exist
[Pete-Server], (07/19 at 12:07:49): , Unable to connect to server. Using cached server settings
[Pete-Server], Error, 07/19 at 12:07:49, No RDS Server Exist

My port is: 80

Any guides on this?

Thank you,

Syed

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your server does not seem to be running on 2930. Please specify the JNDI port of the admin server on which the Remote CF is running(For e.g.: For Standalone server, admin is running on 2910)

-Bhakti!

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have check, my admin server instance is running on 2910. That didnt help either.

Mallika, i have read the documentation. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For detailed instructions on setting up a remote server, please see the following topic in the ColdFusion Builder User Guide:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusionBuilder/Using/WS0ef8c004658c1089-383177341 21cdfd5fd3-7fff.htm....

Hope this helps.

--Mallika Yelandur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information on setting up Remote Server can be found at: http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

-Bhakti!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i have followed the instructions again. Still having same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still getting this error,

[Pete-Server], Error, 07/19 at 12:04:31, The connection to the remote JNDI server on host Pete-SERVER at port 2930 has failed (as have all backup hosts

listed, if any) - please verify that the server is running and the NamingService is available

then that is because the port of the admin server that you have provided isn't valid. The error message says that connection with the port 2930 was unsuccessful. So its not 2930. You have also mentioned in your earlier posts that your admin is running on 2910 so you will have to specify that on the second screen of the server wizard.

Once the connection to your remote server is establised, you will not get the "RDS server doesnot exist" messages.

If possible can you take a screenshot of your server details and attach them here?

-Bhakti

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the port after posting the above message. Anyway, here is the new message:

[PETE-SERVER], Error, 07/21 at 09:21:35, jrunx.rmi.RemoteInvocationHandler; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 2231785419166800282, local class serialVersionUID = -5340300571285905033

I have attached the screenshots of the wizard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Worries, this is a harmless message and has been fixed in the post-public beta build.

-Bhakti!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, does that mean i cant connect to the server in this beta version?  Is there a update available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the server status is still "Unknown" then the last thing I want you to try is delete this server and add it again with the right information. There is a known issue with editing the server which might also be the reason you are not able to see the updated status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i tried and it didnt work. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace the HostName with IP Address of machine and check you see the correct status. Re-add the server instead of editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 31, 2009 Jul 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for this new server setting, I would also give it a different 'Server Name'.  Just in case if CFBuilder is pulling an older server settings by name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2009 Aug 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally posted to Bahkti's blog post. I am leeching onto this thread for additional guidance as I still can't figure out the solution.

After I set up the remote server within CF Builder, it tries to establish a connection, and then I get this

Unable to execute the server command:null
[Staging], (08/05 at 07:34:58): Server is available. Getting server settings from Server

From here on, the status remains "Unknown" permanently.

I ran through the steps in the official documentation, and that's when I first started seeing problems. I then ran through Bahkti's instructions (much better btw!), but the problem did not get resolved. I even recreated the server configuration from scratch a few times to no avail.

Bahkti recommended I run adminstart.bat from within the console instead of double clicking on it. I did, and the screenshot is attached. I would've copied and pasted the results, but it's a lot of code.

CF Builder is installed on a Mac running OS 10.5.7. The remote server is running Windows Server 2008 with a licensed, standalone version of ColdFusion 8. It is our team's inhouse testing server, not production.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jose, while you try to resolve matters, can I ask a question: what features of the remote server setup are you seeking? For instance, do you really want to be able to start/stop the server from within CBuilder? Are there other features you're looking forward to? If perhaps any of them are really features based on the RDS functionality, just note that you can configure RDS setup without the remote server admin stuff.

I realize this may seem a bit heretical, but it's true and worth noting. I see a lot of people fighting with the remote admin config, but maybe they really don't need it. I'm not denying there are some benefits. I'm just suggesting that someone having a problem may just want to check if what they want would be gained via simply doing RDS configuration instead (which you can do either while working in the rds-based views or via window>preferences>adobe>rds configuration.)

As a further testament to this point, note that the CFB team blog has an entry on the very fact that if you were to setup a managed server AFTER having created RDS servers instead, you can use the latter to create the former:

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/08/importing_rds_server.html

Again, not trying to dismiss or derail your effort to solve the problem. Just pointing out this thought.

In addition, if you ARE interested in using RDS-based stuff (you may not), it's one more useful diagnostic if you wouldl confirm if the RDS setup works, separate from the managed server setup.

Hope that's helpful.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

First of all i'm not Jose :).

Second, i was kind of disappointed with cf builder for many reasons. What RDS in cf builder does, is exactly same feature "other" software can do it more precisely. I notcied that we can import settings of RDS to Configured Server, but it did not work. There were quite few features i had high expectation; in fact it was a big let down. Nothing against the builder, but i hope Adobe can get things going by Version 4 or something.

I have read the documentation, the blog entry(s), and some other tips, nothing has solved the issue.

I have ended up wasting my time until final release.

Take care,

---

Syed Munir

Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:27:08 -0600

To: geomunir@hotmail.com

Subject: Remote Server

Jose, while you try to resolve matters, can I ask a question: what features of the remote server setup are you seeking? For instance, do you really want to be able to start/stop the server from within CBuilder? Are there other features you're looking forward to? If perhaps any of them are really features based on the RDS functionality, just note that you can configure RDS setup without the remote server admin stuff.

I realize this may seem a bit heretical, but it's true and worth noting. I see a lot of people fighting with the remote admin config, but maybe they really don't need it. I'm not denying there are some benefits. I'm just suggesting that someone having a problem may just want to check if what they want would be gained via simply doing RDS configuration instead (which you can do either while working in the rds-based views or via window>preferences>adobe>rds configuration.)

As a further testament to this point, note that the CFB team blog has an entry on the very fact that if you were to setup a managed server AFTER having created RDS servers instead, you can use the latter to create the former:

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/08/importing_rds_server.html

Again, not trying to dismiss or derail your effort to solve the problem. Just pointing out this thought.

In addition, if you ARE interested in using RDS-based stuff (you may not), it's one more useful diagnostic if you wouldl confirm if the RDS setup works, separate from the managed server setup.

Hope that's helpful.

/charlie

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is MADDENING.

Syed, I was replying to the message from Jose. I don't know why you thought I was writing you. I was replying to the note that preceded my note in the forum, as received by email. When I replied, I left enough of the note to be able to tell.

Now that I log into the web site, I see that that part of my reply was removed. It seems this forum does NOT let us (who reply via email) include any portion of the note we're replying to. It strips it out. Grr!

As I write this now, I am leaving your note in the reply. It will not show up on the forum, or in the email for those who get the forum by email. How annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charlie,

I didn't even notice you could respond via email. Just looking at the system-generated "from" header (forums@adobe.com), I don't know how it would know how to route the reply to the right thread , but that's besides the point.

I got the ColdFusion Builder server configuration working for localhost in no time, so I know at least that part works. It's only with the remote where I keep getting stuck.

Having the option to start/stop the server from within the IDE would be nice to have. Sometimes our staging server starts to crawl, and we just need to give it a reboot before we can figure out what's going on. To do this, I would normally remote into the machine, go to Services (Windows Server 2008), and then right-click to restart the ColdFusion Application Server from there. This works fine, but I'd like to get away from having to remote into the machine. Sometimes other people remote in, then people start kicking each other off and then it gets messy. It's not a life or death situation, but it's something worth trying to change for now.

As for other RDS features, I've always been a big fan. I used the RDS Dataview daily. The Services browser is nice for working with CFCs. Haven't had to use the RDS Fileview too much, but that's another useful feature to have. Aside from that and debugging, I'm not really sure what else RDS does. So if the Servers tab is only good for start/stop, logging into CF Admin/Monitor from within the IDE, maybe all the trouble is not worth it. We'll see.

Regarding Bahkti's blog post (importing an RDS profile), I tried it out last night. I deleted my failed Server Management profile (which inadvertently also removed my RDS configuration for the same server). I re-added the RDS configuration for the server directly from within RDS. The connection test was successful.

From there, I went the Servers tab and clicked to add a new server. This time I get the window that is in Bahkti's screen shot. This one has the option to import the RDS configuration. This didn't seem to do much as it just pre-filled the first screen in the wizard. From then on, I go through the second and third screens as usual.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong on the second screen?

@Kiran, et. al.

Bad news. The "Unable to execute the server command" returned after having to re-add the server profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, it always goes to the right thread. If (when you reply) you look at the TO address, it will be an alpha/num value: in this case, clearspace-1653323719-3316-2-2160993@mail.forums.adobe.com.

So my point wasn't about concerns over things going to "the right thread". Rather, it's that when they DO get to the thread, there's no representation in the thread about which message it was responding to, no hierarchy view option.

Worse, even if one leaves some text from the email being replied to (when replying via email), the forum system strips it. That's just annoying (trying to solve the problem of people never cutting out what they're replying to, by not letting someone keep even a snippet, is just short-sighted, given this problem of not seeing any hierarchy.)

Anyway, moving on.

Fair point about your wanting to be able to do the remote start/stop. I was just saying: not everyone would want to, so if they don't, they should maybe not worry and maybe the RDS server feature alone may give what they want. But you make a compelling case for someone to consider using the remote start/stop.

As for the RDS features, I don't think there's much more than what you mentioned. I will note that the Component browser has something that some miss (just had a discussion on another thread today, with someone you would all know well who missed it): in the top right of that view, there's an option to switch from browsing components to browsing web services. Same features: see all the methods, their args, right-click a method to create code (CFINVOKE or createobject).

That's interesting to hear that removing a server also removed an RDS server configuration. Since they're separate (per the point of the post), it doesn't seem right that deleting the former should delete the latter. That seems worth opening a bug report. They're great about responding to those (in my experience).

Finally, as for using the "import RDS" feature, I wouldn't expect that to necessarily fix things with a problem of adding a new server in the Servers view. It could help, if the config of the former was right (and working) and importing it got things closer to being correct in creating the latter. But there can still be issues in the server (or perhaps in the settings being entered in the editor) that keep the remote feature from working.

Too bad some people are having problems with that.

I know you're already familiar with them, Jose, but in case anyone else reads this thread and hadn't heard, the CFBuilder team has two blog entries with more on setting up remote servers, one for whether you deployed CF in Server/Standalone mode and the other for if you deployed in Multiserver/Multiple instance mode:

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/07/remote_server_setup_is_it_real.html

and

http://blogs.adobe.com/cfbuilder/2009/07/remote_server_setup_-_multiser.html

But I realize, Jose, that even with that info and other on this thread, you're still stuck. It really sounds like a situation where someone should do a Connect session with you to be able to see what's up. Maybe there's something that would be clear in looking at things with you that's just not being communicated in all the email back and forth. I've got to prepare for lots of things next week at CFUnited or I'd offer to do it. I usually do it on a consulting basis (carehart.org/consulting/) but this problem is compelling enough that I'd do it for free. Certainly if the problem remains after next week, feel free to hit me up on the offer.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If your receiving the error

Then check in your temp directory for these file jcmd.jar, jcmd_u7.jar and jcmd_u5.jar. Seems these jars are not copied by CFB. If not found extract the plugin com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.server.*,  from lib copy jcmd.jar.bak, jcmd_u7.jar.bak and jcmd_u5.jar.bak and rename them to jcmd.jar, jcmd_u7.jar and jcmd_u5.jar. We will try to find the cause of this issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kiran,

Then check in your temp directory for these file jcmd.jar, jcmd_u7.jar and jcmd_u5.jar.

I went to C:\ColdFusion8\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp. This is the only temp directory I'm aware of. None of the files mentioned were there.

If not found extract the plugin com.adobe.ide.coldfusion.server.*,

I'm not sure exactly what to do here. My best guess is that you're referring to the files within the ColdFusionBuilder folder/plugins? I went ahead and copied these to the temp directory listed above.

from lib copy jcmd.jar.bak, jcmd_u7.jar.bak and jcmd_u5.jar.bak and rename them to jcmd.jar, jcmd_u7.jar and jcmd_u5.jar

Where are these files supposed to be? I went to C:\ColdFusion8\lib\ and didn't see them there. I couldn't find them anywhere on the server HD for that matter.

The server has the 8.0.1 update installed along with Hot Fixes 1, 2, and 3.

After refreshing the server profile from within CF Builder this time I get

[Staging], (08/06 at 03:14:11): Server is available. Getting server settings from Server

The "Unable to execute the server command" errors are no longer there. The status remains as "Unknown" though. I switched the naming port back and forth between 2910 and 2930 and it does the same thing. It wouldn't be a firewall issue would it? I created a rule on the server to allow connections coming in from 2930, but that help either.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation