• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to create CSH without developer resources?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a number of large web applications for which we have created online help, but it is not context sensitive.  Due to developer resource constraints, it may be some time before our developers could have time to add the necessary code to each page in order to call individual help files.  Is there a way, based on perhaps the unique URL of each application page, that context-sensitive help (CSH) could be set up, since help is already being called, but just launching the default page at present?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure if this will help, but there is a software product called Link It you might find interesting.

Click here to visit the Link It site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2009 Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I am sending questions to this company about what Link It can do.  I'll post what I find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a response to my email to Affixion, the company that designed Link It.  Here is what they said:

LinKit! allows you to link help topic to web pages as long as these pages have different titles (as shown in the left hand corner of the blue title bar at the top of your screen. Many web apps and web sites have alternating titles, so in many cases LinKit! is perfectly suitable to create contextsensitive help for such environments.

Since our application does not have unique page titles, this application is not a solution for us.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2009 Aug 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All the ways of calling CSH that I know of require work on the part of the developers and as that is not available to you, I don't think there is any solution.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp